This entry is about Moving a Website off one host onto another.
- Get all Contact details for the client; Send This Checklist : )
- Save & Mark Off completed Stages
- Get Consent from Site Owner & Former Host
- CHECK existing site for issues and errors
- Enquire about or AVOID anyone else moving any Parts
- Gather all usernames and passwords:
- For * Domain Name Registrar, * Host, *Email, * Control Panel, * FTP etc
- Name Registration should NOT be touched less than 60 days before Moving
- Admin login to * WordPress if used
- Create NEW Host Account for site to move to (IONOS)
- Generate SSH/SFTP/SCP Login to Sync Data Over
- Launch Name Registrar Transfer (Takes up to a week)
- DUMP SQL database site.sql from old site
- Secure table prefixes (DO NOT keep “wp_” for Security!)
- take over & replicate BUT DO NOT CHANGE MOVED DNS servers
- Shorten TTL from 3600 mins to 5 mins ready for Site Switch
- Modify Email DNS SPF records, SSL (Secure Site) & auto redirect
- Warn Client that site changes at this point may not Transfer.
- Wrap Up; NEVER us an admin login of “admin”. You Will BE Hacked!
- Hand Over Full Creds to New Site
- Get Okay & Bill
The android phone such is made by LG, Samsung and others can over time become cluttered with software and files and unusable,
this can affect the speed of operations and even call quality
This can happen naturally over time as older phones have poor quality housekeeping and do not regulate their storage very well..
Can also happen because of the millions of applications out there, a few of which you may have on your phone which have been found to cause problems by snooping and behaving badly; Google often finds out about these and disables them, but not always.
Ideally you would have access to a second completely empty android phone and simply switch over. You do need to check the Google account you used on your phone which is the account it uses to back up your contacts and other information onto the Internet in the so-called cloud.
You can visit https://contacts.google.com first, on a webpage on a separate computer ideally and be sure to use the exact same account as exists on your phone right now (some people have more than one Google account… )
to see that your important contacts and phone numbers are indeed stored in the google Cloud.
What you see there is what will come back after you have reset the phone and put the Google account back in
Other stuff will be backed up as well; Be sure you have the right password!
but possibly important things may not be backed up such as text message history
“LightWaves” From Nov 2002
Mysterious Video I got from a DVD in my collection?!
Not taling about public transport here so much is the interface on computers whether they are Mac or PCs, to communicate with peripherals, a.k.a. outside devices. I would give credit for this graphic but I can’t remember where it came from and I’m looking for a clearer one
Some of these interfaces are not available in all machines for example PCI/PCI-E requires plug-in slot on what is typically a desktop machine- if you are a Mac user you need to pick one of the species of Mac pro tower machines for that because you will not be able to do it on a Mac mini nor any laptop
This describes an instrument to check allsorts of different cables. This is
an ethernet cable being checked,
Although the RJ11 ethernet plug has got eight conductors only four are needed for basic network communications two receive and two transmit pairs wired 1 to 3 and 2 to 6 both ways as in this testing Rig. Conventional ethernet cable can be up to 600 feet long so you would simply flag the yellow terminator in at one end and the blue box at the other to test the continuity of DC voltage. It does not do much checking for resistance between the leads as might happen if water got in to the conductors as it does not really measure resistance very well but it would for example show you if you had a defective plug if you wiggled it in the connector…
The display shows the simplest cable having wires 1,2,3 & 6 all connected but the other four conductors not. This will not operate at gigabit speeds– that will need all 8 connected!
some remote Wi-Fi equipment for example can be powered through the ethernet cable using a technology called POE. Note that it is not as simple as just pushing some voltage up the wires because the specification makes allowance for line resistance and proper correction for voltage drops with special terminating gear..
the DC voltage ‘rides under’ the high frequency communications on some of the same wires.
This is especially important for those Wi-Fi antennas and powered relays that are way up high in trees for example